|Title:||LPN/RN- ADHS Float Position|
This is an On-Call Float Nursing position. We have 3 Adult Day Health Centers (Glendale, Phoenix, and Tempe). Our centers are open Monday thru Friday - NO Weekends or Holidays.
STATEMENT OF WORK:
Reports to Center Director and is responsible for monitoring health of participants. Acts as liaison between health professionals. Assumes leadership role in emergencies, does medical follow-up on participants. Provides health education to staff, participants, and their families. Maintains medical supplies. Interprets dietary needs. Writes nursing assessments and reassessments. Participates in care plan conferences. Maintains a record of treatments and medications. Reports safety hazards. Performs any other job-related duties deemed necessary and/or assigned by the Center Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors health condition of the participants in the program. This includes, but is not limited to, obtaining and recording vital signs, noting and reporting changes in health status, and administering health services to participants.
- Serves as a liaison between health professional and Center staff. This includes ensuring there is a current health review from participants’ own physicians; maintaining an open flow of communication between the participant’s physician and the Center, ensuring that accurate information is related to physician. Develops a written plan to be followed on each participant in the event of an emergency. Assumes the leadership role in all health emergency situations, calling paramedics when necessary and ensuring that everything possible is being done for the participant.
- Writes nursing assessments at admission and prior to care plan every three to six months. Documents progress notes as needed but no less than every three months.
- Writes dietary/nutrition assessments at admission and reassessments at the time of care plan.
- Maintains a record of all treatments or medications administered at the Center making sure any medication administered at the Center has written instruction from the participant’s own personal physician.
- Oversees dietary needs of the participants; supervises snack and meal times to ensure that diets are adhered to and CACFP guidelines are followed.
- As assigned will participate in the Outcome Measurement process, performance improvement initiative, and CARF Accreditation process. Follows and complies with licensing regulations.
- May oversee the Center’s Restorative Feeding Program and Nursing Care Program.
- May assist in the administration of the CACFP Program.
- Other duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must have general nursing knowledge as required by the State of Arizona Licensing for a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), and maintain current RN or LPN license in the State of Arizona
- Must be able to assist with transfer of participants to and from chair or wheelchair.
- Knowledge of/or experience in the gathering of data, evaluation of data, and external dissemination of data as a part of the ongoing performance improvement process.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Department of Public Safety background check/fingerprint clearance process.
- Must be able to become CPR certified.
- Must be able to obtain a Food Handlers Card; may be requested to obtain a Food Manager Certification.
- Must not have any restrictions for physical work for which reasonable accommodation cannot be made.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Registered Nurse with current Arizona RN license
- One to two years’ experience in a health care setting.
- One year working with frail elderly or disabled adults.
***Military Personnel Encouraged to Apply.***
Proud to be a Mature Worker Friendly Certified Employer through the Governor's Advisory Council on Aging
FSL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. DFWP. FSL believes that diversity leads to strength.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: