|FSL Location:||TADHS (University/Price)|
STATEMENT OF WORK:
Reports to Recreation Director. Required to lead or assist in group discussion, sensory stimulation, exercise, or craft group. May be required to write progress notes, complete a recreation assessment, and/or attend care plan conference. May be responsible for documentation of daily Activity Flow Sheets. Keeps Center clean and organized. Observes and reports any changes in participants’ behaviors to Recreation or Center Director. Maintains confidentiality. Assists participants with meals, in the use of the bathroom, and in transferring. Responsible for oversight of recreation program in the Recreation Director’s absence. Performs any other job-related duties as assigned by the Recreation Director or Site Supervisor/Center Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, leads or assists in exercise class when applicable.
- Assists participants with arts and crafts class. Demonstrates different techniques.
- Keeps all activity areas and bathrooms neat and clean; may be asked to do some heavier cleaning and/or mopping; may be required to clean kitchen and do dishes.
- Maintains confidentiality with all participants’ personal related matters at all times.
- Helps with the serving of food according to CACFP guidelines; assists participants who need help while eating; helps to clean up after meals.
- Assists participants in and out of vans or private cars; transfers participants from wheelchair to chair; assists participants in the use of the bathroom and, as needed, with changing their clothes.
- Participates in the Outcome Measurement process, performance improvement initiative, and CARF Accreditation process.
- Monitors the safety and security of participants at all times. May be requested to serve on the Center’s safety committee.
- Displays enthusiasm and maintains a positive attitude in working with the participants.
- Participates in ongoing training including training sessions offered at the Foundation’s Administrative office.
- May assist with set up, serving, clean-up of snacks and lunch, recording of meals served according to site and CACFP guidelines.
- May be required to write progress notes, complete a recreation assessment, or attend a care plan conference.
- May be required to complete daily Activity Flow Sheets.
- May be required to either plan, lead or assist in a group activity. Topics should be interesting to participants and appropriate to their functioning level.
- May be asked to participate in fundraising activities.
- Other duties as needed.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Ability to work with challenging behaviors expressed by participants, i.e. verbal and physical aggression, wandering, etc.
- Must be alert to the needs of the participants; have the ability to work under conditions of frequent interruptions; and to work on several projects at the same time.
- Accuracy in documenting observations of activity performance.
- Requires high-energy output during activity program.
- Ability to become CPR/First Aid certified.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Department of Public Safety background check/fingerprint clearance process
- Ability to obtain Food Handler’s card.
- Ability to follow planned activity calendar.
- Capable of driving (or willing to learn to drive) 14-passenger van.
- If driving FSL vehicle, must maintain valid driver’s license and be insurable by FSL.
- Must not have any restrictions for physical work for which reasonable accommodation cannot be made.
- High School diploma or GED.
- One year paid or volunteer experience working with older adults, adults with disabilities, or adults with SMI.
- College courses in gerontology, social science.
Full Time with Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD, Accident, Hospitalization, FSA, 403(b), EAP, Wellness, PTO and 10 Paid Holidays.
FSL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. DFWP. FSL believes that diversity leads to strength.
Proud to be a Mature Worker Friendly Certified Employer through the Governor's Advisory Council on Aging
***Military Personnel Encouraged to Apply.***