|Title:||Accounts Payable Specialist|
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for providing general administrative support to the Accounts Payable department. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to, performing daily data entry of Accounts payable invoices, opening and date stamping incoming dept. correspondence, preparation of weekly checks for distribution, statement and vendor account reconciliation as well as performing a variety of other clerical duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission and values of the Foundation for Senior Living
- Open and date stamp incoming correspondence (invoices, notices, etc.)
- Collect, review, organize and file a variety of departmental documents
- Batching, coding, reviewing and entry of accounts payable invoices
- Payment processing of monthly recurring services through purchasing card
- Research and resolve various accounts payable issues
- Vendor statement reconciliation
- Monthly review and reconciliation of cardholder purchasing statements
- Prepare checks for mailing and distribution
- Perform department filing of checks/invoices and create new file folders as needed
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service
- Request W9’s as needed for New Vendor setup
- Assist supervisor with vendor cleanup and preparation for issuing 1099’s
- Assist supervisor with month-end, quarter-end and year-end processes
- Other duties as needed.
- Must not have any restrictions for physical work for which reasonable accommodation cannot be made
- This position is privy to information that is confidential and/or intended for the company use only.It is required to maintain such information in strict confidence at all times in accordance with State, Federal laws and Foundation policy.
- Ability to accurately type at or above 40 words per minute
- Possession of strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and maintain accuracy despite frequent interruptions and deadlines
- Ability to use copier and other office machines
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as accept direction on given tasks
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office
- At least 2 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior experience with an ERP system such as Great Plains
- 2-4 years of Accounts Payable processing experience
Full-Time Benefited Position with Great Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, FSA, 403(b), EAP, Wellness Program, PTO and 10 Paid Holidays!
***Military Personnel Encouraged to Apply.***
Proud to be a Mature Worker Friendly Certified Employer through the Governor's Council on Aging.
FSL is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. DFWP. FSL believes that diversity leads to strength.