DescriptionNOTE: This position is 20 - 30 hours/week, on an as-needed basis.
STATEMENT OF WORK:
To provide minor home repair services. Services include, but are not limited to; plumbing, heating/cooling, carpentry, electrical, handicap modifications and water and energy conservation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtain work orders from Supervisor or Program Coordinator
- Set up appointments with clients for work to be done
- Assess repairs to determine if it meets the program scope
- Purchase or collect the necessary materials to complete repair
- Bid jobs and stay within budget using a variety of funding sources
- Complete repairs on work orders
- Conduct test procedures when necessary
- Complete all required paperwork in a timely and proper manner
- Refer clients to proper agencies for other services needed
- Flexible to work in all programs within the department and follow the proper procedures
- Other duties as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- If working under a contract that requires a fingerprint clearance card, must have, or be able to obtain, a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Department of Public Safety background check/fingerprint clearance process
- General knowledge in carpentry, heating/cooling, plumbing, electrical, handicap modifications and energy and water conservation
- Must have valid AZ driver’s license
- Must have your own vehicle and be willing to travel throughout Maricopa County
- Must keep current auto/vehicle insurance
- If driving FSL vehicle, must maintain valid driver’s license and be insurable by FSL.
- Must have the tools to complete all assigned work. Both vehicle and tools must be maintained at the expense of the employee
- Must be able to perform work that requires stooping and bending
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds on regular basis
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds on an occasional basis
- Must not have any restrictions for physical work
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- At least three years’ experience in general repairs
- High school diploma or GED
- More than five years’ experience in general repairs
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Position requires high degree of physical labor
- Requires regular exposure to extreme work conditions that vary from cold to extremely hot weather
- Working in primarily low-income neighborhoods
- Working in substandard households
The Foundation for Senior Living (FSL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. DFWP. FSL believes that diversity leads to strength.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications