|FSL Location:||TADHS (University/Price)|
STATEMENT OF WORK:
Reports to Recreation Director. Required to lead or assist in group discussions, sensory stimulation, exercise, or craft group. May be required to write progress notes, participate in and/or attend care plan conferences. May be responsible for documentation of daily Activity Flow Sheets. Keeps Center clean and organized. Maintains confidentiality. Assists participants with meals, in the use of the bathroom, and in transferring. Performs any other job related duties as assigned by the Recreation Director or Site Supervisor/Center Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists participants with independent or fellowship activities. May be required to either lead or assist in a group discussion. Topics should be interesting to participants and appropriate to their functioning level.
- Leads or assists in exercise class, when applicable.
- Assists participants with arts and crafts program. Demonstrates different techniques. Informs Recreation Director if supplies need to be replenished or purchased.
- Keeps all activity areas and bathrooms neat and clean; may be asked to do some heavier cleaning and/or mopping; may be required to clean kitchen and do dishes.
- Maintains confidentiality with all participant matters at all times.
- Helps with the serving of food according to CACFP guidelines; assists participants who need help while eating; helps to clean up after meals.
- Assists participants in and out of vans or private cars; transfers participants from wheelchair to chair; assists participants in the use of the bathroom and, as needed, with changing their clothes.
- Participates in the Outcome Measurement process, performance improvement initiative, and CARF accreditation process.
- Displays enthusiasm and maintains a positive attitude in working with the participants.
- Monitors the safety and security of participants at all times.
- Participates in ongoing training including training sessions offered at the Foundation’s administrative offices.
- May assist with set-up, serving, clean-up of snacks and lunch, recording of meals served according to site and CACFP guidelines.
- May be required to write progress notes, complete a recreation assessment, or attend care plan conferences.
- May be required to complete daily Activity Flow Sheets.
- May assist in center outings and/or special events.
- May be asked to supervise volunteers.
- Other duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Ability to work with challenging behaviors expressed by participants, i.e. verbal and physical aggression, wandering, etc.
- Must be alert to the needs of the participants, have the ability to work under conditions of frequent interruptions, and to work on several projects at the same time.
- Accuracy in documenting observations of activity performance.
- High energy output during activity program.
- Ability to become CPR/First Aid certified.
- Ability to obtain a Food Handler’s card.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Department of Public Safety background check/fingerprint clearance process
- Capable of driving (or willing to learn to drive) 14-passenger van.
- If driving FSL vehicle, must maintain valid driver’s license and be insurable by FSL.
- Must not have any restrictions for physical work for which reasonable accommodation cannot be made.
- High school diploma or GED.
- College courses in gerontology, social science, art, music, and creative therapies.
- Activity experience in a paid or volunteer position.
- One year paid or volunteer experience working with older adults, adults with disabilities, or adults with SMI diagnosis and/or experience assisting with planned group activities or recreation.
Full Time with Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, FSA, 403(b) retirement plan, EAP, Wellness Program, 10 Paid Holidays and PTO.
FSL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. DFWP. FSL believes that diversity leads to strength.
Proud to be a Mature Worker Friendly Certified Employer through the Governor's Advisory Council on Aging
***Military Personnel Encouraged to Apply.***