|Title:||Nurse Navigator LPN/RN-Hourly|
The Nurse Navigator plays a key role in ensuring safe and effective transfers of clients across the care continuum, serving as the bridge between the professional staff in a care setting, (e.g. hospital), the client and/or family and the community healthcare provider. The primary role for the Nurse Navigator is to inform and guide clients and/or family for an effective care transition, improved client self-management skills and enhanced client-healthcare provider communication. The Nurse Navigator will be working in the hospital and community and must be able to make rounds in the hospital, make home visits and follow-up phone calls.
CENTRAL- Spanish speaker preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Run and screen daily census reports for potential client enrollments.
- Meet with client/family at hospital bedside to introduce the program and gather enrollment data.
- Serves as a nurse navigator to the client, coaching the client and caregivers in addressing critical issues and self- management tasks rather than directly taking over and providing care.
- Provides information and navigation to the client and/or family for an effective care transition, improved client self-management skills and enhanced client-healthcare provider communication.
- Evaluates aspects of each client’s condition, diagnoses, medications and support systems to formulate an individualized plan which will lead to successful outcomes in:
- medication self-management
- use of a dynamic client-centered record
- appropriate primary care and specialist follow-up
- knowledge of red flags
- Acts as a continuing resource for the client and/or caregivers for the entire 30-90 days post discharge period of transitional care. To increase continuity of care, it is expected that once an assignment is accepted the Nurse Navigator will continue with the necessary follow-up throughout the transitional care episode.
- Gives regular feedback to the Transitional Care Team. Participates in departmental and organizational committees as applicable. Participates in the orientation of new personnel, mentors peers and promotes collaborative teamwork.
- Maintains a working knowledge of, and adheres to applicable federal / state regulations including, but not limited to, laws related to client confidentiality, release of information, and HIPAA.
- Interacts in a professional, respectful, positive, helpful manner, which promotes trust.
- Acts in a manner consistent with the Corporate Compliance Program and Code of Conduct.
- Prepare monthly statistics/reports for director.
- Other duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Department of Public Safety background check/fingerprint clearance process.
- Valid Arizona driver’s license and insurance.
- Must meet all state and federal immunization and communicable disease clearance requirements.
- Ability to work independently, while collaborating with other team members.
- Ability and willingness to self-motivate, prioritize, and be willing to change processes to improve effectiveness and efficiencies. Adapts to changing client or organizational priorities. Decisions and problem solving require a combination of analysis, evaluation, and interpretive thinking.
- Computer literacy, including but not limited to data entry, retrieval, and report generation.
- Must not have any restrictions for physical work for which reasonable accommodation cannot be made.
- Bilingual-Spanish preferred
- Licensed at the RN or LPN level by the Arizona Board of Nursing.
.East Valley Position
- At 1-3 years’ clinical experience is preferred.
- Home health experience is preferred
Great benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, EAP, 403(b), FSA, PTO, and 10 Paid Holidays
***Military Personnel Encouraged to Apply.***
Proud to be a Mature Worker Friendly Certified Employer through the Governor's Advisory Council on Aging
FSL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. DFWP. FSL believes that diversity leads to strength.