|Title:||Activate Care Coordinator|
STATEMENT OF WORK:
Provide general care coordination support. Assist with record keeping, filing, assembling, copying, scanning and organize accounting and patient data for billing and general report purposes. Schedule appointments; provide information on referrals, community resources, and coordinates schedules of Nurse Navigators. Has an understanding of general medical terminology to be able to handle incoming calls and answers questions from Patients, Case Managers and Providers with speed and professionalism.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Transitional Care Program director and Nurse Navigator(s) with administrative and clerical duties.
- Create/Run patient enrollment spread sheets for Floor rounding.
- Insure enrollment paper work is completed for every patient. (PCP/Specialist apt are made, utilization of Pharmacy, CM contact and transportation is scheduled)
- Maintain the Activate Community Resource Room.
- Maintain strong communication within the Activate offices. Enrollment paper work, home visit dates, discharge paper work, SF-12 Surveys and discharge dates.
- Assist in the over site of the Kindness Closets. This may include but not limited to receiving DME, cleaning DME, organizing DME and maintaining waivers and loan agreements.
- Greet or direct all visitors or phone calls and provide information on referrals to all inquiries.
- Create Personal Health Care Record Binder and ensure appropriate resources are placed in each binder.
- Complete weekly telephone case management to patients to provide general welfare checks, referral support, and screen for transportation or medication needs, provide appointment reminders or re-enforce education provided by the nurse navigator.
- Document each case management call, apt scheduled, referral made, medication refill, lab approval, DME supplied or taxi cab schedule in patient progress note.
- Coordinate with Nurse Navigator(s) or Program Director of any health questions, health concerns, patient symptoms, safety concerns or requested services.
- Document on the call sheet when contact is not successful.
- Complete 30 day SF-12 surveys calls.
- Complete program quality calls.
- Use scripted call sheet to ensure consistent interaction with clients.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information and is sensitive to confidential matters when interacting with patients/family members. Follows all HIPAA and patient privacy regulations.
- Order supplies and stock work areas. Monitor inventory. (Office supplies and DME)
- Develop and maintain effective communication mechanism with all internal and external professionals, clients and patients. Exemplifies service orientation and the team concept in all contact.
- Other duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to pass hospital clearance requirements.
- Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and insurance.
- Be computer literate, including but not limited to data entry, retrieval, and report generation.
- Possess excellent written, verbal and listening communication abilities.
- Ability to work independently, while collaborating with other team members.
- A solid ability to keep confidentialities and honor those we serve, our clients.
- Must not have any restrictions for physical work for which reasonable accommodation cannot be made.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suite products.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 year experience in a medical administrative position, medical assistant or community health worker.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish.
- 2+ years’ experience in an administrative healthcare position, medical assistant or community health worker.
Full-Time Benefited Position with Great Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, FSA, 403(b), EAP, Wellness Program, PTO and 10 Paid Holidays!
***Military Personnel Encouraged to Apply.***
FSL is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. DFWP. FSL believes that diversity leads to strength.