|Title:||Behavioral Health- Clinical Consultant|
STATEMENT OF WORK:
The Clinical Consultant is a mental health professional with responsibility for assisting the Nurse Supervisor and Administrator in the clinical and administrative duties of the Assisted Group Living Department. Under the direct supervision of the Nurse Supervisor, this position is a highly skilled professional position which provides leadership to the department which includes clinical programming and training functions.
The Clinical Consultant has responsibility for the development, implementation and evaluation of a program of counseling and behavioral management interventions within the Assisted Group Living Department. Coordinate screenings and lead intakes for new clients as well as manage the discharge for existing clients. Shares responsibility for interfacing with licensing and auditors during site visits. Complete all required documentation according to regulations and policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops group curriculum intended to teach clients how to manage symptoms, enhance health and promote life skills.
- Evaluates and obtains tools that may be used to measure or provide feedback on training program status, effectiveness and applicability.
- Trains BHTs on the implementation of groups, reviews documentation to ensure adherence to group curriculum and provides feedback to group facilitators to enhance outcomes.
- Develops and reviews various client assessments and utilizes them to create treatment plans and behavioral management plans for high needs clients.
- Participates in the admission, discharge planning and placement processes.
- Provides clinical oversight for assigned BHT’s within licensing guidelines.
- Provides direct counseling to clients as appropriate and in accordance with the service plan.
- Provides leadership for the training and education of staff related to therapeutic interventions.
- Participates in regular staff meetings and other forms of communication with staff.
- Provides on-call administrative coverage.
- Acts as a consultant with staff, stakeholders and service team members to facilitate client needs.
- Serves as team member on various committees and quality management teams.
- Participates in UM functions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Interfaces with Adult Day Health Services team and serves as clinical consultant.
- Participates in the Performance and Quality Improvement initiative at the agency and program level, by suggesting performance improvements and performing other PQI duties as requested.
- Provides case review monthly to assess the service delivery system and make recommendations for care enhancements.
- Must have completion of Crisis Intervention training prior to using an emergency safety response
- Other duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Comprehensive understanding of the treatment of psychiatric illness/medications
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with behavioral management
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Department of Public Safety background check/fingerprint clearance process.
- Must not have any restrictions for physical work for which reasonable accommodation cannot be made.
- Teaching/training experience
- Knowledge of state and local regulatory requirements
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Behavioral Health Professional (LCSW,LPC,LMFT, LMSW, LAC)
- 3-5 years’ experience in the mental health field
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a clinical managerial capacity
- Experience with the behavioral health population
- Direct counseling experience with the SMI population
Full Time with Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, FSA, 403(b) retirement plan, EAP, Wellness, PTO and 10 Paid Holidays.
FSL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. DFWP. FSL believes that diversity leads to strength.
Proud to be a Mature Worker Friendly Certified Employer through the Governor's Advisory Council on Aging
***Military Personnel Encouraged to Apply.***