|Title:||Life Skills Facilitator - Behavioral Health|
STATEMENT OF WORK:
Develop and lead outcome based program designed to help residents achieve increased socialization, independent living skills, promote physical activity, and connection to community resources. Responsible for the planning and implementation of activities for clients. Designs programs which meet documentation standards set forth by MMIC. Maintains confidentiality and performs any other job related duties as assigned by the Program Manager. Can be utilized as a float person, in the event a staff is needed to work a shift in an AGL home. Assist on an as needed basis, with conducting staffings.
An ILA provides care to clients in a single family residence, during an assigned shift. Clients are never left alone in the residence and all staff in the home must be awake during work hours, including an overnight shift. Assisted Group Living Homes are staffed seven days a week, 24 hours a day including holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists participants with independent or social activities. Will be required to lead group discussion. Topics should be interesting to participants and appropriate to their functioning level.
- Develops groups based on topics listed in MMIC scope of work and approaches based on needs of residents.
- Assist Clinical Director and Clinical Program Manager with staffings, as needed.
- Basic understanding of ISP's, staffings, and client goal development
- Maintains confidentiality with all participant matters at all times.
- Displays enthusiasm and maintains a positive attitude in working with the participants.
- Monitors the safety and security of participants at all times.
- Participates in ongoing training including training sessions as required.
- Coordinate in outings and/or special events.
- Coordinates groups in advance with staff, clients, and House Manager.
- Observe and document individual client participation and responses during the activity.
- Capable of driving (or willing to learn to drive) 14-passenger van.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
- ILA specific duties as required when needed.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to utilize a computer for scheduling activities and documenting client notes.
- High energy level.
- Pleasant personality.
- Able to work independently and follow scheduled plans.
- Respect for the rights of the clients including the right to privacy and the right to make choices.
- Maintains composure in stressful situations.
- Works well with others.
- Enjoys development of activities and working in the field.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to follow recipes and prepare meals according to a plan.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Must have sufficient physical strength and mobility to assist a client to transfer from a wheelchair to another chair or commode without assistance and assist with a two person transfer.
- Personal qualities including flexibility, tolerance of varied lifestyles and behavior, sound judgment.
- Must not have any restrictions for physical work for which reasonable accommodation cannot be made.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Valid Arizona driver's License.
- If driving FSL vehicle, must maintain valid driver's license and be insurable by FSL.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Department of Public Safety background check/fingerprint clearance process.
- Two years of behavioral health experience, providing behavioral health services
- Recreation / Activity Coordinator experience.
- Experience or training as a caregiver for people with mental illness, behavior problems, or developmental disabilities.
- Nursing Assistant Certification (CNA) by the Arizona State Board of Nursing or Certified Caregiver Certificate from an approved Caregiver Training Program is desired.
Full Time with Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, FSA, 403(b) retirement plan, EAP, Wellness Program, 10 Paid Holidays and PTO.
FSL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. DFWP. FSL believes that diversity leads to strength.
Proud to be a Mature Worker Friendly Certified Employer through the Governor's Advisory Council on Aging
***Military Personnel Encouraged to Apply.***