|Title:||Administrative Clerk - Healthcare|
|FSL Location:||St Josephs Hospital and Medical Center|
STATEMENT OF WORK:
General clerical and administrative support position to the Transitional Care Program Director. Assist with record keeping, filing, assembling, copying, scanning and organizing accounting and patient data for billing and general reporting purposes. Schedules appointments, provides information and referral to resource room visitors, and coordinates schedules of Transitional Care Nurses/Coaches. Has an understanding of general medical terminology to be able to handle incoming calls and answers questions from patients, Case Managers and providers with speed and professionalism.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Transitional Care Program director and Transitional Care Nurses/Coaches with administrative and clerical support.
- Create/Run patient enrollment spread sheets for Floor rounding.
- Insure complete enrollment for every patient. (PCP/Specialist apt are made, utilization of Pharmacy, CM contact and transportation is scheduled)
- Maintain home visit compliance spreadsheet for Nurses and Social Workers.
- Maintain the Activate Community Resource Room.
- Assist in the over site of the Kindness Closets.
- Greets or directs all visitors and answers phone to provide information and referrals to all inquiries.
- Types and distributes correspondence in a professional manner.
- Maintain Community Resource room binders and manuals.
- Updates forms as needed.
- Maintains and regularly updates spreadsheets/databases.
- Timely assembles documentation for billings and reporting requirements.
- Uses office equipment to complete tasks, i.e. copies, computer, fax machine, telephone.
- Complete telephone contact to provide referral support, reassurance, general welfare checks and surveys to assigned client lists.
- Use scripted call sheet to ensure consistent interaction with clients.
- Document interaction with the client, with special emphasis on gathering information on issues or concerns.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information and is sensitive to confidential matters when interacting with patients/family members. Follows all HIPAA and patient privacy regulations.
- Document on the call sheet when contact is not successful.
- May be required to research resources to troubleshoot patient needs and refer patients as directed by Transitional Care Program director or Nurse/Coach.
- Notify the Transitional Care Program director, Transitional Care Nurse/Coach or Social Worker of any concerns, including:reported symptoms, medication issues, safety concerns, emotional or socialization issue(s).
- Other duties as needed.
- Ability to pass hospital clearance requirements.
- Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and insurance.
- Be computer literate, including but not limited to data entry, retrieval, and report generation.
- Possess excellent written, verbal and listening communication abilities.
- Ability to work independently, while collaborating with other team members.
- Organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to converse in a positive and even tone.
- Positive customer service attitude.
- Ability to assess and follow up on information gathered during client phone call.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other staff and participants/families.
- Ability to accept and follow instructions.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment.
- Strong people skills.
- Good writing skills.
- Knowledgeable in creating documents and maintaining databases using Microsoft Suite products, i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Dependability and making sound decisions.
- A solid ability to keep confidentiality and honor those we serve, our clients.
- Must not have any restrictions for physical work for which reasonable accommodation cannot be made.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suite products
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONMinimum Required:
- High School Diploma.
- 2-3 years’ experience in an administrative position.
- Spanish –Bilingual.
- Previous experience in healthcare administrative position.
Full Time with Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, FSA, 403(b), EAP, Wellness Program, 10 Paid Holidays and PTO.
***Military Personnel Encouraged to Apply.***
FSL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. DFWP. FSL believes that diversity leads to strength.
Proud to be a Mature Worker Friendly Certified Employer through the Governor's Advisory Council on Aging