Independent Living Aide (ILA) - Full-time Shifts - Peoria
|Title:||Independent Living Aide (ILA) - Full-time Shifts - Peoria|
PLEASE Review Shift Days and Times:
- Alice House (87th Ave & Olive, Peoria): Mon/Wed 7 am - 2 pm, Tues 8 am - 2 pm, Thurs 8 am - 7 pm, Sun 8 am - 4 pm
Before working, all employees are required to attend paid class training.
- If not a CNA, the training is held Monday through Friday, from 8 am-5 pm, for a four-week period.
- CNAs will be required to take an additional 22 hours of personal care training.
This position works under the direct supervision of the Team Supervisor. An Independent Living Aide serves persons with mental illness or developmental disabilities as part of an in-home independent living support team, providing protective oversight, behavior management, personal support, assistance with activities of daily living, assistance with self administration of medication, and social and recreational activity consistent with a program Participant's Individual Service Plan.
An ILA provides care to participants in a single family residence, during an assigned shift. Participants are never left alone in the residence and all staff in the home must be awake during work hours, including an overnight shift. Assisted Group Living Homes are staffed seven days a week, 24 hours a day including holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote the independence of all program participants in all activities.
- Promote the dignity of participants by working with them in a positive, respectful, age appropriate and courteous manner.
- Follow guidelines and directions for work with participants contained in the Participant's Individual Service Plan.
- Provide therapeutic interactions with participant in a way consistent with guidelines and directions contained in the Participant's Individual Service Plan.
- Respect the privacy of the participants' personal space and property.
- Maintain confidentiality of participant information.
- Assist participants with the self-administration of medication according to FSL-AGL Policy and Procedures.
- Assist with all activities of daily living, toileting and personal grooming as required.
- Prepare and assist with the preparation of meals and kitchen clean up.
- Conduct housekeeping activities as scheduled or directed.
- Shop for food and supplies for the household as required by the Team Supervisor.
- Drive a company vehicle to transport participants to medical appointments and other activities.
- Escort or accompany participants to medical appointments and other activities outside the home.
- Maintain written documentation concerning participants and home operation as required.
- Attend staff meetings for the home and training as required.
- Assist in problem solving with Team Supervisors, ILAs and other staff members when participant care needs, schedules or staff require it.
- May attend participants’ staffings and provide input as a member of the service planning team.
- Cooperate in meeting the requirement for an hour per week of clinical supervision(full time staff, part time may have the number of hours of clinical supervision reduced with the approval of the Clinical Program manager and Director of Nursing.)
- Attend mandatory and elective training of 63 hours during the first year of employment and 24 hours each year after the first.
- Participate in the Performance and Quality Improvement initiative at the agency and program level by learning about the initiative, offering input, suggesting performance improvements, and performing other PQI duties as requested.
- Other duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to follow recipes and prepare meals according to a plan.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Valid Arizona Driver's license and insurance.
- If driving FSL vehicle, must maintain valid driver’s license and be insurable by FSL.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Department of Public Safety background check/fingerprint clearance process.
- Must have sufficient physical strength and mobility to assist a participant to transfer from a wheelchair to another chair or commode without assistance and assist with a two person transfer.
- Personal qualities including flexibility, tolerance of varied lifestyles and behavior, sound judgment.
- Must not have any restrictions for physical work for which reasonable accommodation cannot be made.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience or training as a caregiver for people with mental illness, behavior problems, or developmental disabilities.
- Nursing Assistant Certification (CNA) by the Arizona State Board of Nursing and experience or classroom training in the care of elders, persons with mental illness or developmental disabilities is desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Must be able to perform work both inside and outside, which requires stooping, bending and lifting of approximately 50 pounds.
- Requires ability to drive a van in varied weather conditions 24 hours a day.
The Foundation for Senior Living (FSL) is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. DFWP. FSL believes that diversity leads to strength.
Department: FSL Pathways (Assisted Group Living)
Other Benefits: Great benefits including: medical, dental, vision, EAP, 403(b), PTO, and FSA, (flexible spending accounts)
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications