|FSL Location:||Corporate (12thSt/Thomas)|
This position is responsible for maintaining the general ledger through financial statements for one or more program entities of the Foundation for Senior Living, under the direct supervision of the Accounting Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Posts cash receipts and accounts payable batches to the general ledger; reviews bank deposits
- Prepares and posts journal entries to the general ledger
- Maintains fixed asset, debt and other supporting schedules/documentation
- Reconciles all bank accounts, intercompany accounts and other general ledger account balances to subsidiary ledgers/schedules/documentation
- Completes month and year-end close including posting of adjusting journal entries and reconciliation of final audited trial balances to general ledger
- Prepares all audit schedules and assembles documentation for auditors, distributes trial balances and other reports to auditors as required; researches auditor questions and prepares correcting entries for discrepancies
- Provides financial information and support to Program Directors and staff as requested
- Assists in the development, implementation and analysis of department performance measurement tools
- Trains and oversees daily activities performed by bookkeepers and accounting clerks and provides input to supervisor related to performance
- Other duties as assigned or needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Intermediate skill in the utilization of Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
- Ability to work independently and maintain accuracy despite frequent interruptions and deadlines
- Position is privy to highly confidential information that must remain in strictest confidence
- Must not have any restrictions for physical work for which reasonable accommodation cannot be made
- Some supervisory experience overseeing bookkeeping and accounting related activities
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor degree (B.S.) in Accounting or equivalent from a 4 year College or Technical School and 3-5 years recent experience as an Accountant with experience in General Ledger through Financial Statement responsibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field and 3-5 years recent experience as an Accountant with general ledger through financial statement responsibility.
Great benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, EAP, 403(b), FSA, PTO, and 10 Paid Holidays
***Military Personnel Encouraged to Apply.***
FSL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. DFWP. FSL believes that diversity leads to strength.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: