The Kitchen Aide provides direct assistance to the kitchen and nutrition staff for congregate and home-delivered meal services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Head Cook and co-workers in preparation of meals
- Assists with preparation and packing of congregate and home delivered meals.
- Cleans dining room tables and replenishes all table condiments.
- Operates and maintains equipment and tools used for preparation and serving, with special emphasis on safety, sanitation and cleanliness.
- Assists with food preparation as assigned by Head Cook.
- Assists with kitchen clean-up and dishwashing.
- Complies with Foundation for Senior Living policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Other duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic knowledge of handling, preparation and cooking of food items.
- Basic knowledge of nutritional requirements for seniors.
- Basic knowledge of sanitation requirements, standards and procedures.
- Must not have any restrictions for physical work for which reasonable accommodation cannot be made.
- Basic knowledge of nutritional menu development and preparation.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Six months’ experience in a paid or volunteer position.
- Current Food Handlers certification credential.