|Title:||Senior Center Aide|
The Senior Center Program Aide performs direct service to senior center participants through socialization and recreation. Also, the position assists the Program Director with administrative duties for service delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the program staff with attaining contractual objectives and goals.
- Complies with Foundation for Senior Living policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Maintains accurate records for congregate and Home-Delivered Meal (HDM) program clients in accordance with contract guidelines with special emphasis on client confidentiality.
- Works with the kitchen staff to coordinate and manage the HDM program.
- Works with the HDM diver on any special needs that may arise.
- Through direct participant contact makes appropriate referrals, based on need, to the Community Action Program staff for health and social service assistance.
- Assists with senior center activities by encouraging participation with positive input.
- Assists with serving congregate meals as required.
- Assists with special programs conducted by the staff or volunteer service organizations.
- Develop volunteer HDM driver list and fills in for the HDM driver as needed.
- Other duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of the needs and problems of the senior community.
- Familiarity with federal, state and county resources available to the elderly.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Department of Public Safety background check/fingerprint clearance process.
- If driving FSL vehicle, must maintain valid driver’s license and be insurable by FSL.
- Must not have any restrictions for physical work for which reasonable accommodation cannot be made.
- Bilingual Spanish/English.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of spreadsheets.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six months’ experience in a paid or volunteer position working with the elderly.
- One year experience in a geriatric work environment with emphasis in recreation and socialization.
***Military Personnel Encouraged to Apply.***
Proud to be a Mature Worker Friendly Certified Employer through the Governor's Advisory Council on Aging
The Foundation for Senior Living (FSL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. DFWP. FSL believes that diversity leads to strength.