|Title:||LPN - Skilled Hourly (N.PHX)|
STATEMENT OF WORK:
The home health RN/LPN provides direct skilled care to the clients in their residence under the supervision of the RN Supervisor and the Assistant Administrator. All care is provided with orders from the client's physician. The RN/LPN reports any changes or problems of the client's condition to the physician and the supervising RN and documents measures taken for the client record. The RN/LPN performs any job related tasks deemed necessary by the supervising nurse.
This RN/LPN provides care to clients in their place of residence. The RN/LPN has experience in working with clients and their families, is a good instructor to the client and his family and has verified experience. The RN/LPN is a good communicator to all the stakeholders, is reliable and has a proven history of being such.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides skilled care and instruction to clients and caregivers under the supervision of an RN and as ordered by the client's physician.
- Adheres to the nursing care plan as implemented by the supervising RN to meet client needs with the cooperation of the client, the family/ caregiver, the case manager and the physician of record.
- Works with the supervising RN to assess/ reassess client's care needs and updates the care plan accordingly.
- Communicates changes in client status to both supervising RN and the physician.
- Accepts verbal orders from physician and records the order.
- Attends in-service programs offered by the Foundation for Senior Living as well as outside conferences and workshops related to the provision of home health services.
- Shares the responsibility within the assigned team to ensure that the care needs of the clients are met.
- Shares knowledge, experiences, and skills with other staff members during case conferences and in-service programs.
- Acts as a liaison between the agency staff, physician, case manager, and the client.
- Performs any other job related tasks deemed necessary and assigned by the supervising staff within their scope of practice.
- Other duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Current Arizona RN/LPN licensure without sanction.
- Must have valid Arizona driver’s license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation.
- Must have current CPR.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Department of Public Safety background check/fingerprint clearance process.
- Completion of Home Health Nurse Exam and Skills Evaluation. Must pass exam with score of 70% or better.
- Must have no health restrictions that impede provision of care to client; must be able to stoop, bend, and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must not have any restrictions for physical work for which reasonable accommodation cannot be made.
- Must be willing to drive to see clients in their homes.
- Must meet quality standards regarding documentation.
- Experience in home health setting in the provision of hourly skilled care to clients.
- Should be excellent in clinical skills and excellent documentation skills as well.
- Ventilator/Tracheotomy Experience
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Current Arizona RN/LPN license in good standing.
- One year experience in home health care provision.
Full-Time Benefited Position with Great Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, FSA, 403(b), EAP, Wellness Program, PTO and 10 Paid Holidays!
***Military Personnel Encouraged to Apply.***
Proud to be a Mature Worker Friendly Certified Employer through the Governor's Council on Aging.
FSL is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. DFWP. FSL believes that diversity leads to strength.