|Title:||Case Worker- Temp|
|FSL Location:||Peoria CAP Senior Center (83rd Ave/Jefferson)|
STATEMENT OF WORK:
This position provides direct assistance and case management services to vulnerable populations using resources from Maricopa County Human Services Department (MCHSD) and following protocols designed by MCHSD. While using other emergency fund sources, this position follows all eligibility requirements when interviewing and assisting prospective clients. Acts as a liaison between Community Action Program (CAP) and community organizations. Assist with other duties on an “as needed” basis relating to different programs offered through CAP.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Secure intake documentation from clients requesting emergency assistance or commodities
- Assess client’s needs and determine eligibility for all programs and services. Provides appropriate community referrals for clients to receive services or assistance
- Complies with Maricopa County Human Services Department MCHSD policies and procedures when assisting clients in crisis or other contract requirements
- Maintains all client files as required by FSL and funding sources with emphasis on client confidentiality.
- Complies with all Foundation for Senior Living (FSL) policies, procedures and guidelines
- Assist Community Action Program by reaching into the community to develop partnerships to leverage programs and build opportunities with other community organizations, churches, grantors and businesses to advance services to the poor and vulnerable that will increase their ability to be self-sufficient.
- Is energetic and takes proactive approach to help clients overcome obstacles working collectively with them on solutions that can improve a person’s quality of life
- Encourage and promote self-sufficiency through connecting clients to community resources and other educational opportunities designed to assist them with budgeting and finances, employment services and other necessary support systems that will increase a person’s ability to be self-sufficient when possible.
- Provides public education regarding agency activities, fundraising and special activities
- Assist with special programs sponsored by CAP or its community partners
- Other duties as assigned by Director
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication skills and ability to use computer for client application intakes and email
- Basic knowledge of MCHSD programs and requirements and/or community services
- Attention to details and accurate data entry
- Ability to work in challenging client situations and problem solve
- Good verbal and interpersonal skills
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Two years’ experience in a paid or volunteer position in a social work environment
- High-school diploma or G.E.D.
- Experience working with elderly and low income populations
***Military Personnel Encouraged to Apply.***
Proud to be a Mature Worker Friendly Certified Employer through the Governor's Council on Aging.
FSL is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. DFWP. FSL believes that diversity leads to strength.