|Title:||Housing Rehabilitation Specialist|
|FSL Location:||Home Improvements (45thSt/University)|
With all the uncertainty that is going on in the world today, it is great to know that there are organizations out there who continue to do good in their community.
Foundation for Senior Living definitely tops the list of those organizations in Arizona!
Currently, we are one of the largest non-profit organizations in the state of Arizona, but we offer the customized care of an independent professional. How? Simply put, it's what we are best at.
If you have the drive and passion to help others, this is the place for you! Not only do we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, but we also have the passion to train and develop you into an amazing member of our team.
FSL is a 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to provide home and community-based services and develop energy-efficient, affordable housing to promote health, independence and dignity for all.
If you want to learn more about who we are and what we do, please click on the link to watch a short video.
Housing Rehab Specialist
- Phoenix, AZ (45th St. & University Dr.)
- Monday-Friday, 40 hours
Scope of Work
A Housing Rehabilitation Specialist performs specialized office and/or field work involving planning, implementing and coordinating housing rehabilitation activities for FSL, which involves regular (single-family, owner-occupied) rehabilitation, emergency rehabilitation and rental rehabilitation projects. This class utilizes human relations skills when working with homeowners, rental property owners, and contractors, as well as administrative skills for complying with federal requirements and preparing related reports, forms and documents, including those required by Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Provides lead direction and functional supervision for contractors.
- Any combination of training, education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or GED.
- Considerable (3 - 5 years) full-time experience in the administration of housing programs or as a building contractor, building inspector, or similar position, including preparation of plans, specifications and cost estimates.
- Must have valid Arizona Driver’s License and proof of insurance
- Must use personal vehicle for field inspections
- Must obtain Fingerprint Clearance within 90 days of employment.
- An International Conference of Building Officials (ICBO) certificate and/or graduation from an accredited college or university with an Associate's Degree in Engineering Technology, Structural Design or Drafting, Building Inspection, or a closely related area is preferred.
- Certification through the National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (NAHRO) is also highly desirable
- Qualifying party for a License issued by Arizona Registrar of Contractors
***Military Personnel Encouraged to Apply.***
Proud to be a Mature Worker Friendly Certified Employer through the Governor's Council on Aging.
FSL is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. DFWP. FSL believes that diversity leads to strength.