|FSL Location:||Corporate (12thSt/Thomas)|
This position is responsible for maintaining the general ledger through financial statements for one or more program entities of the Foundation for Senior Living, under the direct supervision of the Accounting Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Posts cash receipts and accounts payable batches to the general ledger; posts and reviews daily bank deposits
- Prepares and posts journal entries to the general ledger
- Maintains fixed asset, debt and other supporting schedules/documentation
- Reconciles all bank accounts, intercompany accounts and other general ledger account balances to subsidiary ledgers/schedules/documentation
- Prepares and posts monthly accruals, depreciation and amortization journal entries
- Prepares government billings and follows up on collection
- Completes month and year-end close including posting of adjusting journal entries and reconciliation of final audited trial balances to general ledger
- Prepares all audit schedules and assembles documentation for auditors, distributes trial balances and other reports to auditors as required; researches auditor questions and prepares correcting entries for discrepancies
- Provides financial information and support to Program Directors and staff as requested
- Assists with budget preparation and variance analysis as requested
- Prepares miscellaneous reports and schedules other tasks as requested
- Maintains current accounting related contract files for assigned Programs
- Develops and maintains assigned Program accounting policies and procedures manual
- Assists in the development, implementation and analysis of department performance measurement tools
- Other duties as assigned or needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Intermediate skill in the utilization of Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
- Strong analytical, math and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and written
- Ability to work independently and maintain accuracy despite frequent interruptions and deadlines
- Position is privy to highly confidential information that must remain in strictest confidence
- Must not have any restrictions for physical work for which reasonable accommodation cannot be made
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor degree (B.S.) in Accounting or equivalent from a 4 year College or Technical School and 3-5 years recent experience as an Accountant with experience in General Ledger through Financial Statement responsibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field and 3-5 years recent experience as an Accountant with general ledger through financial statement responsibility.
- 1-2 year’s experience with Great Plains accounting software
FSL is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. DFWP. FSL believes that diversity leads to strength.
Proud to be a Mature Worker Friendly Certified Employer through the Governor's Council on Aging.