|FSL Location:||Peoria CAP Senior Center (83rd Ave/Jefferson)|
Provides direct assistance to the kitchen and nutrition staff for congregate and home-delivered meal services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the senior center meal program attain contractual objectives and goals.
- Complies with Foundation for Senior Living policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Assists the cook with preparation and serving of congregate and home-delivered meals, ensuring standards of portions, temperatures and sanitation are maintained.
- Assists the cook with ordering food and supplies, and ensures proper storage of items to maintain quality, sanitation and accessibility for use.
- Operates and maintains equipment and tools used for preparation and serving, with special emphasis on sanitation requirements and cleanliness.
- Assists with kitchen clean-up in order to maintain sanitary conditions.
- Assists with the training and supervision of kitchen and volunteers.
- Assists with special programs conducted by the staff or volunteer organizations.
- Assist with delivery, to include driving, of home-delivered meals.
- Other duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic knowledge of handling, preparation and cooking of food items in quantities necessary for 100 – 150 meals.
- Basic knowledge of nutritional requirements for seniors.
- Basic knowledge of sanitation requirements, standards and procedures.
- Ability to read and follow approved recipes and menus.
- Must have valid AZ driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must be able to perform work that requires reaching, stooping, bending and lifting.
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds on regular basis.
- Must not have any restrictions for physical work for which reasonable accommodation cannot be made.
- Basic knowledge of nutritional menu development and preparation.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- One year of experience in a paid or volunteer position, working with preparation and serving of large quantities of food.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- College-level courses in nutrition or related field.
- Food handlers’ certification.
The Foundation for Senior Living (FSL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. DFWP. FSL believes that diversity leads to strength.
Proud to be a Mature Worker Friendly Certified Employer through the Governor's Advisory Council on Aging
***Military Personnel Encouraged to Apply.***