|Title:||Direct Care Worker Lead|
With all the uncertainty that is going on in the world today, it is great to know that there are organizations out there who continue to do good in their community.
Foundation for Senior Living definitely tops the list of those organizations in Arizona!
Currently, we are one of the largest non-profit organizations in the state of Arizona, but we offer the customized care of an independent professional. How? Simply put, it's what we are best at.
If you have the drive and passion to help others, this is the place for you! Not only do we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, but we also have the passion to train and develop you into an amazing member of our team.
FSL is a 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to provide home and community-based services and develop energy-efficient, affordable housing to promote health, independence and dignity for all.
If you want to learn more about who we are and what we do, please click on the link to watch a short video.
Direct Care Worker Lead
- Glendale ADHS- N. 67th Ave. & W. Paradise Ln.
- Tempe ADHS- E. University & Loop 101
- Phoenix ADHS- N. 4th Ave. & Osborn Rd.
- Monday- Friday 7:30am-5:30pm with 30 minute lunch
Scope of Work
- The DCW Lead (DCWL) position reports directly to Center Director regarding all personnel related matters. The
DCWL models teamwork in their interactions with DCWs, nurses, and the service coordinator. The DCWL role
leads 4-5 DCWs in the Center’s daily operations. The DCWL provides direct support to DCWs who are assisting
members to successfully complete routine activities of daily living in the most dignified manner. The DCWL is an
essential role to the Adult Day Health Services team, working closely with both our staff and our members to
ensure as an organization we are providing person center services focused on bringing happiness to the lives of
those we are privileged to serve.
- 18+ years old
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid AZ Fingerprint Clearance Card or ability to obtain
- Valid CPR/First Aid Certification or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire
- Valid Food Handlers Card or ability to obtain with 30 days of hire
- Pass background check
- Pass a pre-employment drug test
- Pass a TB test
- Effective communication skills (read, write and speak)\
- 6+ months experience providing services as a direct care worker for individuals living with disabilities, the aging population, as well as individuals that are living with mental health challenges
- This position is classified as Safety Sensitive
- AZ Direct Care Worker Certification or ability to obtain
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- One year paid or volunteer experience working with older adults, adults with living with dementia or a cognitive disability, or adults living with a mental health diagnosis
- Experience leading planned group activities or recreation
- Training and experience in restorative therapy
***Military Personnel Encouraged to Apply.***
Proud to be a Mature Worker Friendly Certified Employer through the Governor's Council on Aging.
FSL is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. DFWP. FSL believes that diversity leads to strength.