Oversees the apartment complex, residents and guests. Maintains good public relations with residents and with local public or private officials and civic groups. Conducts orientation or special instructional meetings for residents. Organizes, conducts and directs special programs or social events. Completes LIHTC tenant certifications, collects rent, and makes sure all rules and regulations are complied with in accordance with tenant occupancy requirements and rules and regulations. Maintains and keeps grounds clean. Recommends general improvements when needed. Performs any other job-related tasks deemed necessary and/or assigned by Regional Property Manager or Director of Housing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Maintains good relations with tenants, helps resolve problems between residents or with management.
· Consults regularly with tenants regarding needs, social events or any needed improvement at the facility.
· Maintains good public relations with local public or private officials, civic groups and leaders, or any other interested individuals.
· Conducts orientation or instructional meetings for tenants as needed/required to keep the residency informed and updated on special needs or amended rules/regulations which directly affect them.
· Organizes, conducts and directs special programs and social events as often as needed, recommended and/or desired by tenants for the benefit of all tenants.
· Completes LIHTC tenant qualification at move-in, and annually thereafter, following all LIHTC tenant occupancy requirements.
· Collects rent, making sure all payments are in and on time, and makes daily bank deposits of rent collected.
· Makes sure tenants and their guests are complying in accordance with the Lease Agreement, Pet Policy and House Rules and Regulations.
· Keeps records, including office files and computer system, in a neat, orderly condition, making sure they are in compliance with all mandated rules and regulations as required by ADOH and FSL.
· Organizes and conducts regular inspections of all units, looking for intentional damage due to abuse or neglect on the part of tenants and their guests. Inspections are conducted in accordance with regulations set forth by House Rules and Regulations and FSL.
· Receives Preliminary Housing Applications from prospective tenants and establishes and maintains a systematic and well-organized prospective resident list.
· Maintains and keeps grounds clean and uncluttered of any or all dangerous environmental hazards which may threaten the health and safety of all tenants, guests or visitors.
· Recommends general improvements when needed or required by Regional Property Manager or Director of Housing.
· Transports clients in company vehicle.
· Other duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Ability to contact, meet and relate to people from varying backgrounds using tact, diplomacy and patience
· Knowledge of office procedures and bookkeeping
· Experience performing minor maintenance duties
· Knowledge of HUD Section 8 Occupancy Regulations as detailed in HUD Handbook 4350.3
· Knowledge of Arizona Dept. of Housing Low Income Housing Tax Credit qualification and compliance
· Must have and maintain valid driver’s license and insurance, and be insurable by FSL
· Must not have any restrictions for physical work for which reasonable accommodation cannot be made
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
· Two years’ experience in apartment/property management
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Management, business and/or office administration experience
· Experience in managing housing for seniors and disabled
· Experience in using HUD Rent Certification, On-Site and Rent Roll computer programs
Great benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, EAP, 403(b), FSA, PTO, and 10 Paid Holidays
***Military Personnel Encouraged to Apply.***
FSL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. DFWP. FSL believes that diversity leads to strength