|Title:||Patient Care Advocate|
|FSL Location:||Corporate (12thSt/Thomas)|
With all the uncertainty that is going on in the world today, it is great to know that there are organizations out there who continue to do good in their community.
Foundation for Senior Living definitely tops the list of those organizations in Arizona!
Currently, we are one of the largest non-profit organizations in the state of Arizona, but we offer the customized care of an independent professional. How? Simply put, it's what we are best at.
If you have the drive and passion to help others, this is the place for you! Not only do we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, but we also have the passion to train and develop you into an amazing member of our team.
FSL is a 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to provide home and community-based services and develop energy-efficient, affordable housing to promote health, independence and dignity for all.
If you want to learn more about who we are and what we do, please click on the link to watch a short video.
Patient Care Advocate
New Benefit: Now offering DayForce Wallet! Decide when you want to get paid! This feature enables the employee to access their pay as they earn it and when they need it! Ask your HR representative for more info!
- Corporate Office
- FT, Monday - Friday, 8am - 4:30pm
Scope of Work
- The Patient Care Advocate plays a key role in ensuring safe and effective transfers of clients across the care continuum, serving as the bridge between the professional staff in a care setting, (e.g. hospital), the client and/or family and the community healthcare provider. The primary role for the Advocate is to inform and guide clients and/or family for an effective care transition, improved client self-management skills and enhanced client-healthcare provider communication. In addition the Advocate provides support for the 2MATCH Accountable Healthcare Community (AHC) Program working collaboratively to address health-related social needs identified by Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries (beneficiaries) who are receiving or have received care in the 2MATCH Clinical Delivery Sites.
- The Advocate provides support to clinical staff and community partners in the field, and provides assistance by phone or in-person to high-risk beneficiaries by connecting them to community services to meet their identified health-related social needs. The Navigator models professionalism, consistently demonstrating and promoting the values of respect, honesty, care, and dignity for the client and all members of the healthcare team. The Advocate is committed to the constant pursuit of excellence in improving the health status of the patient and decreasing hospital readmission rates.
- Licensed RN or LPN or Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Human Services or Public Health
- Valid AZ Fingerprint Clearance Card or the ability to obtain
- Valid AZ Drivers License, satisfactory motor vehicle record, car insurance and reliable personal vehicle
- 2+ years experience working with patients in a primary care setting
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) - verbal and written
- 3+ years' clinical experience
- Home health experience
***Military Personnel Encouraged to Apply.***
Proud to be a Mature Worker Friendly Certified Employer through the Governor's Council on Aging.
FSL is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. DFWP. FSL believes that diversity leads to strength.