Completes minor maintenance repairs, maintains a list of repairs completed and recommends general improvements when needed. Maintains and keeps grounds clean. Works at multiple FSL property locations. Performs any other job-related tasks deemed necessary and/or assigned by General Contractor. Maintains good public relations with residents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedules and completes needed minor maintenance repairs as requested by tenants.
- Maintains a list of repairs completed, to include building repairs, repainting, plumbing and electrical work, etc.
- Purchase necessary items to complete job order.
- Manage, maintain, and submit receipts with written description of work performed.
- Responds to emergency after-hours maintenance calls.
- Recommends general improvements when needed.
- Maintains and keeps grounds clean and uncluttered of any or all dangerous environmental hazards which may threaten the health and safety of all tenants, guests or visitors.
- Attends to various janitorial tasks such as cleaning the rest rooms, laundry rooms, common area, kitchen, and community room when needed.
- Makes no entry in to residential units unless accompanied with a service request order, or unless deemed an emergency, and then, only with the knowledge of the manager or the General Contractor.
- Other duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have at least one year experience in basic repairs and landscaping.
- Must have the ability to complete needed minor repairs to plumbing, electrical fixtures, etc.; interior and exterior painting touchup; and exterior grounds maintenance.
- Must possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and insurance.
- Must have own vehicle and tools to be maintained by employee.
- If driving FSL vehicle, must be insurable by FSL.
- Must have the ability to contact, meet and relate to people from varying backgrounds, using tact, diplomacy and patience.
- Must have the ability to understand and use a computer system to order online.
- Must be able to perform work that requires stooping and bending.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Must not have any restrictions for physical work for which reasonable accommodation cannot be made.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Customer service experience helpful.
- May require working in low income communities.
- Demonstrate and proficient in safety practices on the job.
Proud to be a Mature Worker Friendly Certified Employer through the Governor's Advisory Council on Aging
The Foundation for Senior Living (FSL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. DFWP. FSL believes that diversity leads to strength.