|FSL Location:||TADHS (University/Price)|
Looking for a meaningful career? Do you want to make the difference in peoples lives?
Join out ADHS Tempe Team!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists participants with independent or fellowship activities. May be required to either lead or assist in a group discussion. Topics should be interesting to participants and appropriate to their functioning level.
- Leads or assists in exercise class, when applicable.
- Assists participants with arts and crafts program. Demonstrates different techniques. Informs Recreation Director if supplies need to be replenished or purchased.
- Keeps all activity areas and bathrooms neat and clean; may be asked to do some heavier cleaning and/or mopping; may be required to clean kitchen and do dishes.
- Maintains confidentiality with all participant matters at all times.
- Helps with the serving of food according to CACFP guidelines; assists participants who need help while eating; helps to clean up after meals.
- Assists participants in and out of vans or private cars; transfers participants from wheelchair to chair; assists participants in the use of the bathroom and, as needed, with changing their clothes.
- Participates in the Outcome Measurement process, performance improvement initiative, and CARF accreditation process.
- Participates in ongoing training including training sessions offered at the Foundation’s administrative offices.
- May assist with set-up, serving, clean-up of snacks and lunch, recording of meals served according to site and CACFP guidelines.
- May be required to complete daily Activity Flow Sheets.
- May be asked to supervise volunteers.
- Other duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Ability to work with challenging behaviors expressed by participants, i.e. verbal and physical aggression, wandering, etc.
- Must be alert to the needs of the participants, have the ability to work under conditions of frequent interruptions, and to work on several projects at the same time.
- Accuracy in documenting observations of activity performance.
- High energy output during activity program.
- Ability to become CPR/First Aid certified.
- Ability to obtain a Food Handler’s card.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Department of Public Safety background check/fingerprint clearance process
- Capable of driving (or willing to learn to drive) 14-passenger van.
- If driving FSL vehicle, must maintain valid driver’s license and be insurable by FSL.
- Must not have any restrictions for physical work for which reasonable accommodation cannot be made.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- High school diploma or GED.
- College courses in gerontology, social science, art, music, and creative therapies.
- Activity experience in a paid or volunteer position.
- One year paid or volunteer experience working with older adults, adults with disabilities, or adults with SMI diagnosis and/or experience assisting with planned group activities or recreation.
***Military Personnel Encouraged to Apply.***
FSL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. DFWP. FSL believes that diversity leads to strength.
FSL is a proud Wellness AtoZ Platinum employer! FSL is a Gold Award recipient of the Healthy Arizona Worksite Program (HAWP)