With all the uncertainty that is going on in the world today, it is great to know that there are organizations out there who continue to do good in their community.
Foundation for Senior Living definitely tops the list of those organizations in Arizona!
Currently, we are one of the largest non-profit organizations in the state of Arizona, but we offer the customized care of an independent professional. How? Simply put, it's what we are best at.
If you have the drive and passion to help others, this is the place for you! Not only do we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, but we also have the passion to train and develop you into an amazing member of our team.
FSL is a 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to provide home and community-based services and develop energy-efficient, affordable housing to promote health, independence and dignity for all.
If you want to learn more about who we are and what we do, please click on the link to watch a short video.
- Peoria, AZ
- Part Time, Monday - Friday 7:30am 12:30pm
Scope of Work
The Assistant Cook provides direct assistance to the kitchen and nutrition staff for congregate and home-delivered meal services. Assists the Cook with preparing, serving meals, ordering food and supplies. Ensures proper storage of items to maintain quality, sanitation and accessibility for use. Operates and maintains kitchen equipment and tools used for preparation and serving, with special emphasis on sanitation requirements and cleanliness. Assist with delivery, to include driving, of home-delivered meals.
- 18+ years of age
- Valid AZ Drivers License and acceptable MVR
- Valid AZ Fingerprint Clearance Card or the ability to obtain
- Valid Food Handlers Card or the ability to obtain
- One year of experience in a paid or volunteer position, working with preparation and serving of large quantities of food (100 - 150 meals)
- Pass a Pre-Employment Drug Test
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Knowledge of nutritional menu development and preparation
***Military Personnel Encouraged to Apply.***
Proud to be a Mature Worker Friendly Certified Employer through the Governor's Council on Aging.
FSL is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. DFWP. FSL believes that diversity leads to strength.