|FSL Location:||Corporate (12thSt/Thomas)|
Responsible for safely and courteously providing transportation for participants to and from the Center; keeping daily records and establishing a route; maintenance of van including cleaning and mechanical problems; follows all safety rules and emergency procedures and reports any problems. Reports directly to Center Director; notifies Fleet Manager of any mechanical or vehicle problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides daily transportation for participants using a FSL Programs van.
- Transports participants to and from the Center in a safe and pleasant manner. Assists participants in and out of the van and from doorstep of their home and Center.
- Records daily transportation on appropriate forms, keeping track of time and mileage; completes the transportation monthly report.
- Maintains accurate up to date participant and daily report records. Makes sure all reports are completed accurately and on a timely basis. Completes map(s) of routes for each day of the week, making sure route used is the best way to get the participants to and from the Center.
- Keeps regular schedule for consistent pick up and take home times for each participant.
- Cleans interior and exterior of van by taking van to the car wash once per month (more often if needed). In addition, keeps van filled with gas and is aware of maintenance needs. When mechanical problems arise, gets approval from the Fleet Manager and informs Supervisor/Director before repairs are made.
- Follows all Arizona Department of Motor Vehicles safety rules including ensuring all seat belts are fastened prior to moving vehicle. Refrains from smoking, eating, or drinking while vehicle is in motion with the exception of water in a spill proof container.
- If emergency arises while transporting participants follow the written emergency procedures.
- Reports any kind of incident or accident involving the vehicles, participants, or driver to Center Director and Fleet Manager.
- Reports all participant absenteeism or participant incidents of any kind to Center Director, Social Worker, or designated staff at that location.
- If needed, assists Activity Coordinator with scheduled events outside of Center’s location.
- May perform other duties as assigned by the Center Director.
- May assist with meals according to CACFP guidelines.
- Other duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must have, and maintain, valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable by FSL.
- Five-year good driving record (required to obtain a copy of your DMV record).
- Pass an annual DOT physical, visual examination, and drug test.
- Ability to follow through on scheduled routing and read a street map.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Department of Public Safety background check/fingerprint clearance process.
- Ability to obtain a CPR and First Aid certification.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other staff and participants/families.
- Ability to pull/push or move 250 lbs.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to accept and follow instructions.
- Ability to work with challenging behaviors expressed by participants, i.e. verbal and physical aggression, wandering, etc.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment.
- Must not have any restrictions for physical work for which reasonable accommodation cannot be made.
- Knowledge of/or experience in the gathering of data, evaluation of data, and external dissemination of data as a part of the ongoing performance improvement process.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma or equivalency.
- CDL driver’s license.
***Military Personnel Encouraged to Apply.***
Proud to be a Mature Worker Friendly Certified Employer through the Governor's Council on Aging.
FSL is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. DFWP. FSL believes that diversity leads to strength.