|Title:||Registered Nurse - Home Health New Grad Program (RN)|
Part-Time with Future Full-Time Opportunity
Are you a NEW GRAD interested in providing patients with quality care in-home with the opportunity to provide wound care, catheter changes/insertions, and disease and medication patient teaching and management?
FSL provides New Grad RN Home Health orientation. Train in the field side by side with a mentor RN to build your clinical and assessment skills, teach critical charting and documentation on our EMR, learn federal and state rules and regulation, and increase your nursing confidence. FSL provides laptops for documentation and client care supplies.
Full Time available positions after successful completion of New Grad training/orientation. As a Non-Profit organization, you can qualify for PSLF (Public Service Loan Forgiveness) for your school loans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assesses, reassess and documents present and potential client need as it relates to nursing intervention in the home care setting.
- Develops, documents, and implements a care plan to meet the clients' needs with the collaboration of the client, family case manager, and referring physician.
- Provides instruction to clients and family members toward self-care within the limits of clients' abilities.
- Reports findings to the physician and case manager and documents changes in orders which are forwarded to the physician for signature.
- Coordinates services and discharge planning with the case manager, the physician and the client in the nursing process.
- Has RN on-call responsibilities including home visits on a rotating basis.
- Assists the QA RN to participate in the peer review process.
- Attends in-services and other workshops related to the provision of home health services.
- Shares knowledge, experiences and skills with other staff members during case conferences and in-service programs.
- Other duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Minimum Required:
- Current Arizona Registered Nurse (RN) licensure without sanction.
- Must have a valid Arizona driver's license, vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Department of Public Safety background check/fingerprint clearance process.
- Must have current CPR.
- Must be able to think independently and have an awareness of community resources.
- Must be able to stoop, bend and lift up to 50 pounds and have no restrictions preventing physical work.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Preferred Home Care experience
- Preferred prior experience of CNA or working at a SNF
- Preferred clinical rotations with geriatric/disabled population
The Home Health RN is a skilled clinician who enjoys working with the elderly and disabled in the home care setting and values his/her role as a member of the home health care team.
***Military Personnel Encouraged to Apply.***
Proud to be a Mature Worker Friendly Certified Employer through the Governor's Advisory Council on Aging
The Foundation for Senior Living (FSL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. DFWP. FSL believes that diversity leads to strength.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: