|Title:||RN- Nursing Supervisor|
|FSL Location:||Corporate (12thSt/Thomas)|
The RN Area Supervisor is responsible for the care management and supervision of a team of field staff, divided with the Clinical Supervisor, as well as the documentation and maintenance of the client records for the team. This may include some work in the field, staff assignment and supervision as well as client visits when necessary. This position requires good computer skills and the ability to learn McKesson Horizon software. In addition this position requires good clinical skills, good communication skills with both field staff, case managers and physicians and their staff, and the ability to troubleshoot and answer questions from all of the above mentioned parties. It also requires good organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and organize work assignments, and guide clinical staff to provide quality care to the clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working with the intake department, is responsible for the oversight and development of team members in regards to their client care and their documentation.
- Responsible for the overall care coordination of the clients and in ensuring that quality care is provided to them.
- Supervision of assigned field RNs, LPNs and CNAs for client care.
- Works with the other area supervisors in acting as back up for one another when absences dictate such.
- Routinely audits the team's clients' files and works with the Assistant Administrator to see that quality care is being both provided and documented by field staff.
- Computer data entry in McKesson software including OASIS data as well as client updates within the system.
- Must work well with varied staff and serve as a resource for questions from field staff.
- Communication with staff, physicians, and case managers and written documentation of these contacts. These calls may relate to nursing care, doctors’ orders, aide supervision, case manager reports and communication among the various disciplines.
- Opening new clients for service by the home health agency as needed.
- Assistance of the creation of the plan of treatment for the clients by the field staff, including evaluating and reassessing POT and documentation and assisting the nurses in making appropriate changes when necessary.
- Completion of the OASIS and other paperwork for the record and oversight of the OASIS data input for the assigned clients.
- Review of client paperwork for accuracy and adherence to the plan of care.
- Coordination of discharge planning with physicians, case managers and clients. Other duties as needed.
- Oversight of the client care team.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and Federal regulations.
- Works closely with the Clinical Supervisor and the Administrator for the coordination of the varied services of the home health agency.
- Serves an integral role in QA activities in the agency; involved in all aspects of the QA process and attends and participates in monthly committee and other activities.
- Other tasks deemed necessary by the Clinical Supervisor or Administrator.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be Arizona licensed RN.
- Must have reliable transportation, car insurance and a willingness to travel as necessary.
- Must have current CPR.
- Must have Vent and Trach experience.
- Must have excellent computer skills and enjoy working with both field staff and client records.
- Must meet all state and federal immunization and communicable disease clearance requirements.
- Must not have restrictions for physical work for which reasonable accommodation cannot be made.
- A sound knowledge base of home health care needs, regulations, and the complexities of care delivery in current home health practice.
- Excellent computer and home health documentation skills.
- Ability to assume a leadership role in the agency.
- Should enjoy the day-to-day operation of the agency and the challenges presented on a daily basis.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Must be licensed RN in the state of Arizona.
- Must have a minimum of two years practice in a Medicare certified home health agency.
- Must have good clinical skills as well as good computer skills and the ability to learn our software system.
- BSN or Associate degree in nursing with
- Three to five years’ experience in Medicare certified home health agency.
- Two years supervisory experience.
FSL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. DFWP. FSL believes that diversity leads to strength.
FSL is a proud Wellness AtoZ Platinum employer! FSL is a Gold Award recipient of the Healthy Arizona Worksite Program (HAWP)
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: