|Title:||Independent Living Aide ( BHT ) - Full-Time Days|
|FSL Location:||Sierra Vista (71stAve/Maryland)|
STATEMENT OF WORK:
For over forty years, FSL has provided excellent care to Arizonans of all ages and since 1984, our state-licensed, Medicare-certified home health agency has provided quality, compassionate care in our group homes. In fact, we aim to improve our clients’ quality of life at every possible opportunity. That’s why every member of the FSL team is dedicated to the highest standards of excellence.
An Independent Living Aide (Behavioral Health Tech) serves persons with mental illness or developmental disabilities as part of an in-home independent living support team, providing protective oversight, behavior management, personal support, assistance with activities of daily living, assistance with self-administration of medication, and social and recreational activity consistent with a program Participant's Individual Service Plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote the independence of all program participants in all activities. Respecting the privacy of the participants' personal space and property.
- Assist participants with the self-administration of medication according to FSL-AGL Policy and Procedures.
- Prepare and assist with the preparation of meals and kitchen clean up, as well as conduct housekeeping activities, shopping for food and supplied and transport/escort participants as scheduled or directed
- Maintain written and digital documentation concerning participants and home operation as required.
- Attend staff meetings for the home and training as required including participation in the Performance and Quality Improvement initiative at the agency and program level by learning about the initiative, offering input, suggesting performance improvements, and performing other PQI duties as requested.
- Other duties as needed.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Valid Arizona driver's License.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Department of Public Safety background check/fingerprint clearance process.
- Six weeks behavioral health experience
- Must be able to obtain Certified Caregiver Certification
- Must not have any restrictions for physical work for which reasonable accommodation cannot be made and physical strength and mobility to assist a participant to transfers.
- Personal qualities: flexibility, tolerance of varied lifestyles and behavior, sound judgment.
- Nursing Assistant Certification (CNA) by the Arizona State Board of Nursing and experience or classroom training in the care of elders, persons with mental illness or developmental disabilities is desired.
Benefits: Great benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, EAP, 403(b), FSA, PTO, and 10 Paid Holidays
***Military Personnel Encouraged to Apply.***
Proud to be a Mature Worker Friendly Certified Employer through the Governor's Advisory Council on Aging
FSL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. DFWP. FSL believes that diversity leads to strength.