|Title:||Quality Assurance Monitor|
Conducts monitoring and audit visits of ALTCS contracted Assisted Living Facilities (ALF), which include Adult Foster Care Homes (AFC), Assisted Living Homes (ALH) and Assisted Living Centers (ALC), Physician Offices and Skilled Nursing Facilities for compliance with program requirements as assigned. The Quality Monitor also participates as an instructor in Caregiver Services as assigned; participates with other team members in development of community awareness of Community Living Resources (CLR) function and participates in community educational opportunities as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors ALF (AFC, ALH and ALC) and assigned Physician Offices and Skilled Nursing Facilities to assure full compliance with program rules and regulations. Assists the AFC sponsors in meeting program regulations through one-to-one instruction as needed. Assures that all assigned monitoring visits are completed within the month assigned.
- Assists AFC applicants, current sponsors and ALFs in meeting program requirements by making phone calls, doing follow-up visits and maintaining contact with the ALTCS case manager and the sponsor’s insurance company as needed.
- Assists with AFC/ALF by offering additional tutoring and support to current sponsors and conducts training on in-services as assigned.
- Records and investigates complaints as assigned and reports back to the Contractor as required. Reports findings to ALTCS plans QM, and DHS when required, and necessary.
- Takes responsibility for provider files by following HIPAA rules for confidentiality of all materials and follows established procedures for release of information; overseeing the monitoring of assigned facility, maintaining current and complete files and writing progress notes, contact and termination summaries according to program guidelines.
- Participates with other CLR team members in development of community awareness of AFC and its benefits, including mailing information, calling community hospitals and social service agencies, and participates in in-services sessions and/or other educational opportunities.
- Assists the Program Director in performing Quality Management duties, including participation in QM meetings, strategic planning, policy and procedure review, program evaluation and regular CLR team meetings and peer review.
- Performs other job-related duties deemed necessary and/or assigned by the CLR Program Director.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Department of Public Safety background check/fingerprint clearance process.
- Excellent assessment, counseling and intervention skills, including case recording skills.
- Knowledgeable of medications, health care and other issues related to older adults.
- Ability to consistently adhere to detailed rules and regulations by County and State.
- Must have a valid Arizona driver’s license, insurance, reliable transportation and be willing to travel within Maricopa County, and other counties within the State of AZ as assigned.
- Ability and willingness to self-motivate, prioritize, and be willing to change processes to improve effectiveness and efficiencies. Adapts to changing client or organizational priorities.
- Ability to make independent decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures. Decisions and problem solving require a combination of analysis, evaluation, and interpretive thinking.
- Computer literacy, including but not limited to data entry, retrieval, and report generation.
- Must not have any restrictions for physical work for which reasonable accommodation cannot be made.
- Knowledge and appreciation of cultural diversity and low literacy issues in care provision.
- Familiarity with government rules and regulations.
- Ability to train and speak to groups.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Licensed at the LPN level by the Arizona Board of Nursing and more than two years of experience in the aging field;
- Or RN licensed by Arizona Board of Nursing and more than three years of clinical experience in the field of aging;
- OR BS in Social Work and more than two years of experience in the aging field.
- Home Health experience.
GREAT Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Life, 403(b), EAP, Wellness Program, PTO, and 10 Paid Holidays!
***Military Personnel Encouraged to Apply.***
FSL is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. DFWP. FSL believes that diversity leads to strength.
Proud to be a Mature Worker Friendly Certified Employer through the Governor's Council on Aging.