|Title:||Direct Care Worker-PCA Float|
The Personal Care Assistant for this position works at all of the adult day health service centers. Primary Supervisor is the Program Director who provides the schedule for the Personal Care Assistant (PCA). When the PCA reports to the individual centers to work, this PCA receives specific duties for the day from the Center Nurse or in their absence, the Center Director. Responsible for developing and implementing nursing care programs to ensure the optimal level of independence and functioning of each participant. Programs will include bowel and bladder care, restorative feeding, ambulation, range of motion, activities of daily living, transfers, and showering. The primary function is to perform designated routine tasks related to the operations of activities of daily living. Contributes to care plan conferences and maintains confidentiality. This position may also require the implementation of Restorative Therapy goals under the direction of the Consultant Therapist and Center Nurse. Performs any other job-related tasks as deemed necessary and/or assigned by the supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with the health maintenance, care, and activities of daily living of participants according to the care plan.
- Performs routine procedures according to plan of care and under supervision of Center Nurse.
- Develops and implements with participants, as needed, programs in bowel and bladder care, restorative feeding, ambulation, range of motion, personal living skills, transfers, and showering.
- Observes and reports to Center Nurse or Center Director conditions, reactions, and responses of participants as related to assigned duties.
- Assembles and disassembles equipment and accessories; maintains a safe environment at all times.
- Assists nursing team in the maintenance of licensure and accreditation standards, including participation in the outcome measurement program.
- Assists in keeping bathroom/shower room neat and clean. May be required to perform heavier cleaning/mopping.
- May be required to implement restorative therapy goals under the direction of the Consultant Therapist and Center Nurse, and provide written progress note documentation on the goals.
- May be required to obtain blood pressures, pulses and weights and report findings to Center Nurse/Center Director.
- This position will require travel to all of the adult day health services centers.
- Other duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Must have the ability to work with challenging behaviors expressed by participants, i.e. verbal and physical aggressions, wandering, etc.
- If program offers Restorative Therapy, must have knowledge of restorative therapy.
- Must be CPR/First Aid Certified.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Department of Public Safety background check/fingerprint clearance process.
- Must have the ability to obtain Food Handlers Card. May be requested to assist in the kitchen; may be asked to assist in the serving of meal and snacks according to CACFP guidelines.
- Must have the ability to assist with transfer of participants to and from chair or wheelchair.
- Must not have any restrictions for physical work for which reasonable accommodation cannot be made.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of training program and passing results of standardized testing for Arizona Direct Care Worker
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in the State of Arizona
- Experience working with the elderly or physically impaired.
- Training and experience in restorative therapy.
***Military Personnel Encouraged to Apply.***
FSL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. DFWP. FSL believes that diversity leads to strength.
FSL is a proud Wellness AtoZ Platinum employer! FSL is a Gold Award recipient of the Healthy Arizona Worksite Program (HAWP)
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: