|Title:||CNA - Adult Day Health Services (Float)|
CNA'S play an essential role in our day-today activities in all of ur senior centers! Glendale is looking for an outgoing CNA who is passionate about helping seniors and making a difference in peoples lives!
This position is responsible for developing and implementing nursing care programs to ensure the optimal level of independence and functioning of each participant. Programs will include bowel and bladder care, restorative feeding, ambulation, range of motion, activities of daily living, transfers, and showering. The primary function is to perform designated routine tasks related to the operations of activities of daily living. Contributes to care plan conferences and maintains confidentiality. Obtains blood pressure, weights, and reports observations about participants’ health status to Center Nurse, Site Supervisor or Center Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with the health maintenance, care, and activities of daily living of participants according to the care plan.
- Performs routine procedures according to plan of care and under supervision of Center Nurse.
- Develops and implements with participants, as needed, programs in bowel and bladder care, restorative feeding, ambulation, range of motion, personal living skills, transfers, and showering.
- Observes and reports to Center Nurse, Site Supervisor or Center Director conditions, reactions, and responses of participants as related to assigned duties.
- Records pertinent information in participant’s chart; may participate in care plan; may write progress notes.
- Assists nursing team in the maintenance of licensure and accreditation standards, including participation in the outcome measurement program.
- Assists in keeping bathroom/shower room neat and clean. May be required to perform heavier cleaning/mopping.
- Other duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must have the ability to work with challenging behaviors expressed by participants, i.e. verbal and physical aggressions, wandering, etc.
- Must be CPR/First Aid Certified.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Department of Public Safety background check/fingerprint clearance process.
- Must have the ability to obtain Food Handlers Card. May be requested to assist in the kitchen; may be asked to assist in the serving of meal and snacks according to CACFP guidelines.
- Must not have any restrictions for physical work for which reasonable accommodation cannot be made.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be a current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in the State of Arizona, and maintain certification.
- Experience working with the elderly or physically impaired.
Benefits: Great benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, EAP, 403(b), FSA, PTO, and 10 Paid Holidays
***Military Personnel Encouraged to Apply.***
Proud to be a Mature Worker Friendly Certified Employer through the Governor's Advisory Council on Aging
FSL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. DFWP. FSL believes that diversity leads to strength.