|Title:||Occupational Therapist - Home Health|
STATEMENT OF WORK:
Occupational Therapy requires in-depth knowledge of human growth and development, human anatomy, and physiology, neuroanatomy, biomechanics of motion, manifestations of disease and trauma, normal and abnormal psychological response to injury and disability, and the cultural and socioeconomic influences on the individual. The OT's role is centered on the individual client need. OT's can provide equipment to assist with activities or offer expertise in modifying the environment to maximize independence. OTs provide education in adaptive equipment, energy conservation and task simplification.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates the client by performing and interpreting tests to assist in the differential diagnosis of the client.
- Determines the degree of impairment of relevant aspects such as muscle strength, motor development, functional capacity, and respiratory and circulatory efficiency.
- Selects appropriate therapeutic procedures to treat the identified needs of the client.
- Develops, documents, and implements a plan of care to meet the clients' needs with the collaboration of the client, family, case manager, and referring physician.
- Provides supervision to the other therapies or home health aide in the client's home and documents those encounters as well as develops and updates the aide care plan for the provision of client care.
- Reports findings to the physician, the supervising nurse, and case manager and documents changes in orders which are forwarded to the physician for signature.
- Provides instruction in the use of assistive devices for the client to other home care staff as well as the client and his family.
- Documents care provision according to homecare standards.
- Completes and submits the OASIS paperwork according to mandated guidelines.
- Submits all home health paperwork according to company policies and deadlines and state AHCCCS regulations.
- Coordinates discharge planning with the supervising RN, the client's case manager, the physician and the client.
- Attends in-services and other workshops related to the provision of occupational therapy.
- Shares knowledge, experiences and skills with other staff members during case conferences and in-service programs.
- Acts as a liaison among agency staff, the case manager, physician, and the client.
- Other duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Current Arizona Occupational Therapy licensure without sanction.
- Valid Arizona driver’s license, current vehicle insurance and reliable transportation.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Department of Public Safety background check/fingerprint clearance process.
- Current CPR.
- Excellent skills in patient care provision.
- Must be willing to drive and provide care in the clients' place of residence.
- Must be good in documentation of care according to company standards and state and federal guidelines.
- Must have no health restrictions that impede provision of care to the client; must be able to stoop, bend, and lift up to 50 lbs. and have no restrictions preventing physical work.
- Must not have any restrictions for physical work for which reasonable accommodation cannot be made.
- Needs to have knowledge of the needs of the elderly, extensive experience in occupational therapy clients in home health care provision, and excellent clinical skills. Must be able to think independently and have an awareness of community resources.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Must have graduated from an approved occupational therapy program and have current licensure in the State of Arizona. Must also meet quality standards regarding documentation. Must communicate weekly with involved staff updates/changes in clients' condition.
- Two years’ home health experience with excellent clinical skills, good documentation skills, and knowledge of the regulations that govern home health.
***Military Personnel Encouraged to Apply.***
FSL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. DFWP. FSL believes that diversity leads to strength.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: