|Title:||Center Driver / Recreation Tech|
This ON-CALL position covers all of our 3 Centers: Phoenix (4th Ave/Osborn), Glendale (59th Ave/Northern), & Tempe (University/Price)
Centers operate Monday through Friday 6am to 6am. No weekends or Holidays. Shift dates and times will vary based on Center need.
STATEMENT OF WORK:
Responsible for safely and courteously providing transportation for participants to and from the Center; keeping daily records and establishing a route; maintenance of van including cleaning and mechanical problems; transporting meals and carts for meals to and from caterer; follows all safety rules and emergency procedures and reports any problems; notifies Fleet Manager of any mechanical or vehicle problems. Responsible for leading or assisting in group discussions, sensory stimulation, exercise or craft group; documentation of daily flow sheets; assists participants with meals, in the use of bathroom and in lifting and transferring; keeps center clean and organized. Maintains confidentiality at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides daily transportation for participants using a FSL Programs van.
- Transports participants to and from the Center in a safe and pleasant manner. Assists participants in and out of the van and from doorstep of their home and Center.
- Records daily transportation on appropriate forms, keeping track of time and mileage; completes the transportation monthly report.
- Maintains accurate up to date participant and daily report records. Makes sure all reports are completed accurately and on a timely basis. Completes map(s) of routes for each day of the week, making sure routes used is the best way to get the participants to and from the Center.
- Keeps regular schedule for consistent pick up and take home times for each participant.
- Cleans interior and exterior of van by taking van to the car wash once per month (more often if needed). In addition, keeps van filled with gas and is aware of maintenance needs. Provides documentation for daily pre-trip maintenance checks. Obtains prior approval from the Transportation Manager for all bus repairs and maintenance and informs Center Director of repairs being made.
- Follows all Arizona Department of Motor Vehicles safety rules including ensuring all seat belts are fastened prior to moving vehicle. Refrains from smoking, eating, or drinking while vehicle is in motion with the exception of water in a spill proof container.
- If emergency arises while transporting participants follow the written emergency procedures.
- Reports any kind of incident or accident involving the vehicles, participants, or driver to Center Director and Transportation Manager immediately.
- Reports all participant absenteeism or participant incidents of any kind to Center Director, Social Worker, or designated staff at that location.
- Assists Recreational Therapist with scheduled events outside of Center’s location.
- Lead or assist with planned therapeutic recreational activities at the Center including setting up, leading or assisting the activity and cleaning up area. Therapeutic recreational activities could include, but not limited to exercise, arts and crafts, discussion groups, or cooking groups.
- Informs Recreational Therapist of any needed supplies
- Completes daily activity flow sheets.
- May be required to document progress notes and attend care plan conferences.
- Keeps all activity areas and all areas of the center neat and clean; may be required to do some heavier cleaning and mopping; may be required to do dishes and clean kitchen areas.
- Assist with serving food according to CACFP guidelines; assist participants as needed with eating; assist with clean up after meals.
- Assists participants in the use of the bathroom including transfers, lifts and as needed when changing clothing.
- Displays enthusiasm and maintains a positive attitude in working with team, participants and caregivers.
- Monitors for the safety and security of the participants at all times.
- Maintains confidentiality with participants’ information at all times.
- Other duties as needed.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must have, and maintain, valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable by FSL.
- Five-year good driving record (required to obtain a copy of your DMV record).
- Pass an annual DOT physical, visual examination, and drug test.
- Ability to follow through on scheduled routing and read a street map.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Department of Public Safety background check/fingerprint clearance process.
- Ability to obtain a CPR and First Aid certification.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other staff and participants/families.
- Ability to pull/push or move 250 lbs.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to work with challenging behaviors expressed by participants, i.e. verbal and physical aggression, wandering, etc.
- Must not have any restrictions for physical work for which reasonable accommodation cannot be made.
- Must be alert to the needs of the participants, have the ability to work under conditions of frequent interruptions, and to work on several projects at the same time.
- Ability to obtain a Food Handler’s card.
- High School Diploma or equivalency.
- CDL driver’s license.
- Minimum of 1 year of prior experience, paid or volunteer, driving for a company (i.e. courier, Red Cross, etc.) and/or working with seniors and/or persons with disabilities, including assisting seniors and/or persons with disabilities with planned group activities.
***Military Personnel Encouraged to Apply.***
Proud to be a Mature Worker Friendly Certified Employer through the Governor's Council on Aging.
FSL is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. DFWP. FSL believes that diversity leads to strength.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: