|FSL Location:||Corporate (12thSt/Thomas)|
LIHTC Leasing Specialist helps with oversight of the apartment complex, residents and guests as needed. This position also helps maintain good public relations with local public or private officials and civic groups. Helps conduct orientation or special instructional meetings for residents. Helps organize, conduct and direct special programs or social events. Assists with prospect list, all aspects of the move in and move out paperwork, completion of tenant certifications, collecting rent, and ensuring that all rules and regulations are complied with in accordance with tenant occupancy requirements and rules and regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedules needed minor maintenance repairs as requested by tenants.
- Maintains a list of repairs completed, to include building repairs, repainting, plumbing and electrical work, etc. and assists with scheduling vendors for repair work, as appropriate.
- Recommends general improvements when needed.
- Assures the grounds are clean and uncluttered of any or all dangerous environmental hazards which may threaten the health and safety of all tenants, guests or visitors.
- Assists with maintaining good relations with tenants and helps resolve any problems that occur between residents or with management.
- Helps apartment manager maintain compliance with the Land Use Regulatory Agreement (LURA) and other relevant agreements pertaining to resident amenities, social events or any needed improvement at the facility. Helps to maintain good public relations with local public or private officials, civic groups and leaders, or any other interested individuals.
- Assists with conducting orientation or instructional meetings for tenants whenever needed or as required to keep the residency well informed and up-to-date on special needs or amended rules and regulations, which directly affect them.
- Assists with organizing, conducting and directing special programs and social events as often as needed, recommended and/or desired by tenants for the benefit of all tenants.
- Assists with completing tenant qualification at move-in, and annually thereafter, following all tenant occupancy requirements.
- Assists with collecting rent, making sure all payments are in and on time, and making daily bank deposits of rent collected.
- Assists with making sure tenants and their guests are complying in accordance with the Lease Agreement, Pet Policy and House Rules and Regulations.
- Assists with record keeping, including helping to maintain office files and computer system in a neat, orderly condition, making sure they are in compliance with all mandated rules and regulations as required by ADOH and FSL.
- Assists with organizing and conducting regular inspections of all units, looking for intentional damage due to abuse or neglect on the part of tenants and their guests. Inspections are conducted in accordance with regulations set forth by House Rules and Regulations and FSL.
- Assists with receiving Preliminary Housing Applications from prospective tenants and helping to establish and maintain a systematic and well-organized prospective resident list.
- Performs any other job-related tasks deemed necessary and/or assigned by the Apartment Manager and/or Director of Housing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have the ability to contact, meet and relate to people from varying backgrounds, using tact, diplomacy and patience.
- Must be able to remain calm and communicate effectively in pressure filled situations in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of office procedures and bookkeeping, along with performing minor maintenance duties.
- Must have the ability to understand and use a computer system.
- Does routine office work and maintenance the office and buildings.
- Must be able to perform work that requires stooping and bending.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds on a regular basis.
- Knowledge of HUD Section 8 Occupancy Regulations as detailed in HUD Handbook 4350.3.
- Knowledge of Arizona Dept. of Housing Low Income Housing Tax Credit qualification and compliance
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years’ experience in apartment management.
- Experience in senior and/or disabled housing setting.
- At least two years’ experience in apartment and/or property management.
- Management, business and/or office administration experience.
- Experience with the RealPage One-Site computer programs.
- Familiarity with the Arizona Landlord Tenant Act
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: